Sunday 13 May 2018

Shiny!

Hello friends

How is your weekend going?
What's this rain we are having?? We got lulled into thinking it was
Summer and bang...the heavens opened.
The plants love it, my garden turned into a mini jungle overnight.

On the craft side..shiny and simple today and 
a card I completely forgot that I had made! 
one of the Flower Garden Collection dies by Marisa Job.

I simply used black stock and added gold gilding polish.
There is something very satisfying about applying the polish
and making regular card look metallic.


A stamped and embossed sentiment to the middle.


I chose to leave some of the black card showing through to create
a vintage/aged look.


So simple, so speedy, so shiny! 

The same die looks very different in this project I made a while ago.
Purely cut from white cardstock and coloured with distress inks,
it's very green isn't it!


Dimensional Floral Panel has now been placed in the sale too,
dies are always nicer when they are bargains! 
You can view the details here.

Take care friends, I'm shooting videos today - anything could happen
with two geeky sons on camera!


12 comments:

hazel young said...

We managed to miss the rain until last night then it wasn't that much, it was cloudy but warm. Beautiful cards and dies Christine, enjoy your day xx hazel

Chris said...

Lovely card Christine, I do like a bit of gilding polish.
Have a nice day
Chris xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning all.
Thank you two lovely cards.
I just cannot get the hang of the gilding polish, lol.
Take care and have fun Kitty.

nattyboots said...

Two beautiful cards Christine , we are lucky to have escaped the rain .
Elaine H X

margaret driscoll said...

Good Morning Christine!
Love both of these cards, pretty Dies!
Its been very cold here, occassional rain, but not much!
Love Marg

CraftyCoffey said...

Two really lovely cards today.

Michele

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Two lovely cards.
Lydia
x

Littlelamb said...

Two beautiful cards Christine. Thank you. We had rain most of yesterday but ok so far today although they do forecast it.

karenlotty said...

Two lovely cards and two very different looks If I had to choose a favourite but I’m glad I don’t I think it has to be the gilding polish on black

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, I hope your rain has stopped, we have had sun in our area, it makes a nice change to be watering the garden haha.
Loving your two cards, the metallic one with the gilding wax looks lovely, I always love the effect the wax has on black card.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Betty McAlister said...

Hi Christine. Gorgeous card using the gilding polish. Your green one is pretty too. Xx

Brenda said...

Hello Christine, two beautiful cards , my favourite is the first one using the guiding polish, Hope you have had a good weekend. love Brenda xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...